Aronga-Taiohi | Youth-Centric
- Starts wherever young people are at, offering real choices to engage
- Strengths-based and mana enhancing
- Holistic and developmental
- Informal yet professional
- Tips the balance of power in young people’s favour.
Ahurea me te Horopaki | Culture and Context
- Upholds Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Recognises diverse contexts
- Inclusive and equitable
- Anti-oppressive, confronting discrimination
- Values spirituality and natural environments.
Aro Ki Ngā Hononga | Relationship-Focused
- Strengthens relationships socioecologically
- Creates belonging and positive associations
- Fun, dynamic and creative
- Long-term and open-ended
- Encourages service, volunteerism and generosity to others.
Te Koha a Te Iwi | Community Contributors
- Encourages young people as agents of change and navigators of systems
- Enables active participation
- Facilitates experiential learning
- Supports young people to take responsibility
- Nurtures citizenship locally and globally.