We run the Youth Service contracts and my team of 9 Youth workers oversee 187 Young people who are apart of the YPP and NEET contracts.
Each youth coach is going to choose a Young Person that they look after who they have identified have strong qualities of a leader. We are also going to approach the local colleges who we have a good relationship with to ask to take their Head boy /Head girl to join us for the day.
Tree Adventures (high ropes)
– 8 groups of 3 (1 Youth Worker, 1 Young Person ,1 Head boy/girl)
– 12 courses to navigate through
What were hoping to achieve.
– Sharing of world views between each youth.
– Discussions of the joys and issues of a young person both views.
– Young people empowering each other both YP's lead in different ways i.e our Youth Service YP's are more inclined to take risks so doing the high ropes course will be a place where they thrive so they will have the opportunity lead their teams.
– Build better connections with leaders in schools.