The Reforms of Vocational Education (RoVE) were first announced back in February 2019, and Careerforce have been endeavouring to keep you updated as the reforms are implemented. Refer here for more background.
As a result of the reforms, the 2 core functions of the 11 Industry Training Organisations are being transitioned to other organisations by December 2022:
- Qualification Setting – to be transitioned to new Workforce Development Councils; expected to be operational on 4 October 2021.
- Arranging Workplace Training – this is where we now seek your engagement.
To date, the implementation of RoVE has not impacted upon the arrangement of workplace training at Careerforce and won’t in the near future.
There are a number of ways that you will be able to engage including:
- Attending a breakfast or lunch event across Auckland, Hamilton, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin. Please see event details here.
- Attending one of two virtual events – 22 and 28 July. Please see event details.
- Meeting directly with Careerforce, where we can explain what is happening, set out the transition options, answer your questions, and seek your feedback
- Complete a survey – this survey will close on Sunday 8 August.