Here’s some ideas of how you can acknowledge Youth Week:
- Post what’s happening in your organisation or community using #youthweeknz23
- Run an event to celebrate Youth Week and add this to our calendar of events
- Support young and upcoming artists by checking out our Spotify playlist (details released soon!)
- Encourage young people to participate in our TikTok challenge (all entries from rangatahi who live in or whakapapa to Aotearoa go in the draw for a $500 prize)
- Share Youth Week comms within your organisation or on your socials
- Posters can be found here to print and put up around your tari (office)
- Celebrate any young kaimahi or volunteers in your organisation (community, philanthropy or government)
- Check new research collating young people’s views around wellbeing that will be launched (watch this space!)
- Celebrate Pink Shirt Day on Friday 19 May
- Upskill in youth development by exploring Ara Taiohi resources around Mana Taiohi, and especially those relating to young people leading (whai wāhitanga)
- Appreciate the organisations in your communities that support young people by taking them a box of chocolates or a round of coffee.
- If you are youth adjacent, spend time with the rangatahi who are important in your world. Take them out for a coffee and listen to their dreams as aspirations as leaders for today.
There are heaps of other ideas you might have to celebrate Youth Week. Let us know what you are doing to we can highlight it during the week.
We look forward to seeing all the different ways Youth Week is celebrated across the motu.