Disability Connect are delighted to announce the Transition Expo (the progression from school to community life) will be held Tuesday 3rd September 2019.
This stallholder event is free to attend and showcases the various providers involved in post schooling options for a school leaver with a disability (including Transition Co-ordinators, Vocational Programmes, Teritary Institutions and a raft of sport/leisure/recreation and information providers).
Hosted by Disability Connect & Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
This is free entry and there are plenty of street parking fully accessible venue information pack given to each family cafe on premises.
This Expo will feature a Transition Seminar in a separate presentation room at 10.30am. Issues covered will include:
- Engaging with Taikura Trust at this important transition phase
- The process for ORS funding and access to vocational programmes upon leaving school
- Post school options including
- High Needs and Very High Needs Vocational Programmes
- employment possibilities and micro-enterprise
- Information about future planning for your loved one with a disability
- Use of supports such as Individualised Funding and Carer Support Subsidy Options for living arrangements:
- Individualised Funding and Flatting
- Choice in Community Living
- Supported Living, Residential Care, etc
- Work & Income supports you may be eligible for